Specialist EducatorJob ID 83853 Date posted 11/08/2017
- Facility: Sharp Memorial Hospital
- City: San Diego
- Department: Surgery
- Category: Specialty Nurse Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 1.0
- Shift Start: 6:30 AM
- Shift End Time: 3 PM
This position is located in Serra Mesa, CA (San Diego County)
8-hour day shift, 6:30 am - 3:00 pm; no weekends
Hiring department willing to consider 10 hour shifts for this position
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Three years relevant clinical experience (OR Nursing)
- Able to demonstrate effective leadership ability
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- BSN/MSN degree strongly preferred
- Educator experience in the surgical setting
- One to two years of educator experience
- Circulating and scrubbing skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and manage time effectively
- Proficient with computer skills like Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- Experience working with Electronic Medical Records
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Experienced and confident with group presentations
- Strong communication skills; both written and oral
The Specialist Educator will serve as a clinical expert within the Surgery department. The Surgery Specialist Educator implements quality-enhancing, unit-based projects and programs and serves as a clinical expert, educator and consultant.
This position is for the Surgical Department at Sharp Memorial Hospital. The Surgical Department has a state of the art facility. The multi-specialty surgical services is comprised of 12 OR suites. Some of our nationally recognized programs are in Bariatric, Robotic, and Open Heart and Transplant. If you desire a challenge in a fast paced, technologically advanced and collaborative department, consider Sharp Memorial Hospital.
Sharp Memorial Hospital — the first hospital in San Diego with all private patient rooms — is dedicated to providing the highest-quality, patient-centered care and consists of 368 beds. Designed to promote comfort and healing with the use of natural light and soothing colors, the hospital offers the latest medical technology and is home to San Diego’s largest, most modern Emergency and Trauma Center.
Sharp Memorial is known for outstanding programs in cardiac and vascular care, cancer treatment, orthopedic and neurological services, rehabilitation, robotic surgery and multi-organ transplantation, and has been recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for nursing excellence and is also designated as a Patient-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
Essential Physical Requirements may include may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class
Keywords: 83853, Specialist Educator Job, Nurse Educator Jobs, Surgery RN Jobs, OR Nursing Jobs, RN Jobs, Nursing Jobs, San Diego Jobs, Sharp Memorial Hospital