Speech Therapist II
Job ID: 108187 Date posted: March 01, 2021
- Sharp Home Health
- Home Health Clinical Services
- Speech Therapy Jobs
- Day Job
- Per Diem
The Speech Therapist II evaluates and administers speech therapy modalities of treatment as prescribed by a licensed physician. Provides individualized care and treatment in the patient’s home. Participates in operational aspects of the department, maintains performance improvement activities within the department, and participates in quality improvement activities
Sharp Home Health coordinates an extensive array of cutting edge medical, nursing, rehabilitation, social and educational services to meet the unique needs of their clients. The Home Health Team consists of highly qualified professionals who provide for patient needs in the comfort of their home throughout San Diego County. All Sharp skilled professionals are registered, licensed or certified in their specific fields. Our team consists of nurses, therapists, social workers and health aides.
With a focus on maximizing recovery, independence and long-term wellness, Sharp Home Health provides diabetes care instruction, specialty nursing, rehabilitation and senior behavioral health services to individuals throughout San Diego County. Sharp Home Health is San Diego’s largest home care agency, licensed and certified since 1983. The agency is part of the Sharp Metropolitan Medical Campus, home to an array of comprehensive medical services and recipient of the 2007 prestigious Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award, the nation’s highest honor for quality and organizational performance excellence.
This position is based the community Kearny Mesa in San Diego County
The Speech Therapist II will be visiting patients throughout San Diego County.
8-hour shifts; Per Diem position to work Day Shift hours; 8:00 am - 4:30 pm, weekends as needed
- Master’s degree in communicative disorders
- CA License in Speech Pathology and Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology (CCC-SLP)
- Current BLS for HealthCare Providers by the American Heart Association
- Two or more years of Speech Therapist experience
- Experience in adult neuro pathologies with dysphagia management
- Recent experience in evaluation and treatment of adult neuro disorders; swallowing assessment and intervention with complex dysphia management.
- Experience with cognitive retraining programs
- Excellent communication skills, problem-solving abilities, must be self-motivated, and have attentive to detail.
Current Home Health clinical experience
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
“After nearly 10 years of working here, it's still one of the hardest jobs I've ever loved. If you find a niche here, you'll be working with some of the smartest in the industry. This is where they'll respect you for thinking outside the box and kindness matters. They expect consistency and hard work, but pay you well to do it.”