Speech Therapist IIJob ID 82216 Date posted 10/03/2017
- Facility: Sharp Home Health
- City: San Diego
- Department: Home Health Clinical Services
- Category: Speech Therapy Jobs
- Job Status: Per Diem
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 0.0
- Shift Start: 8 AM
- Shift End Time: 5 PM
This position is based the community Kearny Mesa in San Diego County
The Speech Therapist II will be visiting patients throughout San Diego County.
8-hour shifts; p8:00 am - 5:00 pm, weekends as needed
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Master’s degree in communicative disorders
- Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology (CCC-SLP)
- Current BLS for HealthCare Providers by the American Heart Association
- Two or more years of Speech Therapist experience
- Experience in adult neuro pathologies with dysphagia management
- Recent experience in evaluation and treatment of adult neuro disorders; swallowing assessment and intervention with complex dysphia management.
- Experience with cognitive retraining programs
- Excellent communication skills, problem-solving abilities, must be self-motivated, and have attentive to detail.
The Speech Therapist II evaluates and administers speech therapy modalities of treatment as prescribed by a licensed physician. Provides individualized care and treatment in the patient’s home. Participates in operational aspects of the department, maintains performance improvement activities within the department, and participates in quality improvement activities
Sharp Home Health coordinates an extensive array of cutting edge medical, nursing, rehabilitation, social and educational services to meet the unique needs of their clients. The Home Health Team consists of highly qualified professionals who provide for patient needs in the comfort of their home throughout San Diego County. All Sharp skilled professionals are registered, licensed or certified in their specific fields. Our team consists of nurses, therapists, social workers and health aides.
With a focus on maximizing recovery, independence and long-term wellness, Sharp Home Health provides diabetes care instruction, specialty nursing, rehabilitation and senior behavioral health services to individuals throughout San Diego County. Sharp Home Health is San Diego’s largest home care agency, licensed and certified since 1983. The agency is part of the Sharp Metropolitan Medical Campus, home to an array of comprehensive medical services and recipient of the 2007 prestigious Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award, the nation’s highest honor for quality and organizational performance excellence.
Essential Physical Requirements May Include
- Fine manipulation/pinching
- Lifting up to 10 pounds
- Push/pull up to 10 pounds
- Carrying up to 10 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Speech Therapist II, Speech Therapist, Speech, Speech & Language Pathologist, Speech & Language Therapist; Speech Pathologist; Speech Therapist jobs; Speech Therapy jobs