SRS RN Patient Navigator
Job ID: 108205 Date posted: February 23, 2021
- SRS Central San Diego Admin
- Palliative Care Services
- Day Job
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
This position serves as a single contact and initial resource for each Palliative Care patient. Responsible for coordination of multiple appointments for each patient while ensuring efficient and cost-effective use of available healthcare resources. The patient navigator coordinates and schedules services with other health care professionals and participates in the multidisciplinary approach for patients and caregivers to provide resources and assistance to Sharp Rees-Stealy Palliative medicine patients.
Sharp Rees-Stealy's mission is to improve the health of its community through a caring partnership of patients, physicians and employees. Its goal is to offer quality services that set community standards and exceed expectations in a caring, convenient, affordable and accessible manner.
Sharp Rees-Stealy has been serving the health care needs of San Diegans since 1923 when doctors Clarence Rees and Clair Stealy formed San Diego's first multispecialty medical group practice. Today, Sharp Rees-Stealy has 22 locations and 500 primary care doctors and specialists representing virtually every field of medicine.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
This position is located at Sharp Rees-Stealy San Diego Main, San Diego County
8-hour shift: 8:00am-5:00pm, no weekends
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Current unencumbered CA Registered Nurse (RN) license
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) by American Heart Association
- Experience with palliative medicine. Understanding of performance improvement and research methodologies.
- Knowledge of utilization review criteria and health care finances. Excellent telephone and communication skills with the ability to interact with all customers.
- Assertive and articulate in difficult situations: skilled in conflict management and resolution. Self-directed, autonomous, and able to set and achieve priorities.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing (BSN)
- Patient Navigator certificate
- Minimum three (3) years of RN work experience in palliative medicine or hospice
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole