ST II (Per Diem)
- Home Health
- Per Diem
Shift Start Time:8 AM
Shift End Time:4:30 PM
Additional Shift Information:as needed for coverage
Weekend Requirements:As Needed
What You Will Do
Evaluates plans, directs and administers speech therapy modalities of treatment as prescribed by a licensed physician. Provides individualized care and treatment in the patient's home. Participates in operational aspects of the department, maintains performance improvement activities within the department, and participates in quality improvement activities.
- Other : Graduate of an approved professional school of Speech Therapy, or graduate of an accredited college or university with a Master's degree in Speech Therapy or equivalent required.
- 2 Years previous experience in all aspects of speech therapy.
- Experience in adult neuro-pathologies with dysphagia management.
- Recent experience in evaluation and treatment of adult neuro disorders.
- Recent experience with swallowing assessment and intervention with complex dysphagia management.
- Experience with cognitive retraining programs.
- AHA Basic Life Support for Healthcare Professional (AHA BLS Healthcare) - American Heart Association -REQUIRED
- Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology (CCC-SLP) - The American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) -REQUIRED
- California Speech-Language Pathologist - CA Speech-Language Pathology & Audiology & Hearing Aid Dispensers Board -REQUIRED
- Driver's License - CA Department of Motor Vehicles -REQUIRED
- Current Home Health Clinical experience.
Other Qualification Requirements
- Utilizes reliable transportation and possesses adequate personal insurance coverage. Demonstrates clean driving record in accordance with requirements of the employer DMV pull notice program and Sharp HealthCare Driver Guidelines.
- Clinical resource
Is consulted as a representative of his/her profession.
Identifies pertinent clinical issues requiring education and participates in implementation of educational plan.
Shares ideas therapeutic principles.
Provides in-service/education program or training.
Participates in student program.
Presents/publishes clinical information.
- Department development
Participates in departmental activities, such as CQI, staff meetings, and chart review.
Participates in committees and system wide activities when requested as departmental representative.
Participates in any plan to improve customer satisfaction including AIDET and SHARP EXPERIENCE.
Documentation is completed in a timely, complete, legible, concise and accurate manner.
Documentation follows Sharp HealthCare guidelines, professional guidelines, and meets third-party payor and regulatory requirements.
Maintains records pertinent to departmental operations.
Completes all documentation elements as appropriate (Interdisciplinary Plan of Care, Education record, billing, discharge plan, and others).
- Operational efficiency
Communicates patient care and departmental issues.
Accepts changes and demonstrates flexibility when asked regarding work schedules and assignments.
Completes additional assignments in a timely manner.
Offers suggestions for resolving operational issues within the department.
Provides unit specific information to students, floats, and travelers/registry personnel.
Maintains departmental cleanliness and safety.
Participates in interdisciplinary rounds, staffing and/or pt conferences as required at various levels of care. When functioning in NICU therapist will attend weekly NICU rounds as required.
- Patient care
Designs, implements and evaluates treatment effect, recommending changes to physician as needed.
Assesses patient pain that interferes with optimal level of function or participation in rehabilitation; and provides intervention.
Performs an appropriate assessment on all patients as related to the therapy requested and provides and reassesses as per policy.
Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
Formulates a teaching plan based upon identified learning needs and evaluates effectiveness of learning; family is included in teaching as appropriate.
Demonstrates knowledge and safe use of modalities, equipment and therapeutic procedures.
Coordinates and directs patient care to ensure patients' needs are met and hospital policy is followed.
Completes development plan and performance is satisfactory.
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability or any other protected class
AHA Basic Life Support for Healthcare Professional (AHA BLS Healthcare) - American Heart Association; Other; Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology (CCC-SLP) - The American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA); California Speech-Language Pathologist - CA Speech-Language Pathology & Audiology & Hearing Aid Dispensers Board; Driver's License - CA Department of Motor Vehicles
Want to know when new jobs are posted? Sign up for job alerts.
Set your parameters to automatically receive alerts when we post new jobs that fit your skills, interests and experience.
"After nearly 10 years of working here, it's still one of the hardest jobs I've ever loved. If you find a niche here, you'll be working with some of the smartest in the industry. This is where they'll respect you for thinking outside the box and kindness matters. They expect consistency and hard work, but pay you well to do it."
We are Sharp
Stay connected and join the career interest community
Want to stay informed about career opportunities and life at Sharp? Join our career interest community and receive information that matters to you.Join the community