Staffing AssistantJob ID 85150 Date posted 01/04/2018
- Facility: Sharp Memorial Hospital
- City: San Diego
- Department: Admin Staffing Assistants
- Category: Clerical Jobs
- Job Status: Part-Time
- Shift: Night Job
- FTE: 0.5
- Shift Start: 3 AM
- Shift End Time: 1:30 PM
This position is located in Kearny Mesa, San Diego County.
PT/.5, night shift, 3:00am-1:30pm, work every other weekend
Required Skills and Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Two years of recent experience in a customer service oriented position
- Demonstrated intermediate computer skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to identify and solve problems and be able to quickly adapt and implement changes
- Strong organizational skills with demonstrated independent ability to set priorities, handle deadline and manage conflicting demands with limited supervision
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to communicate ideas issues clearly, concisely and accurately
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- One to two years’ recent acute care staffing experience is preferred
The Staffing Assistant interacts with a variety of departments and is responsible for achieving accurate, timely and cost effective staffing to meet the needs of patients. Staffing Assistants attend a daily staffing meeting and work to fill all needs for staff by calling employees and booking registry. The program One Staff is primarily used by Staffing Assistants for scheduling needs and accurate data entry.
The Administrative Staffing Assistants department is responsible for staffing Sharp Memorial, Sharp Mary Birch and areas of Sharp Outpatient Pavilion. The department is a fast paced work environment that supports all levels of Sharp employees.
Sharp Memorial Hospital — the first hospital in San Diego with all private patient rooms — is dedicated to providing the highest-quality, patient-centered care and consists of 368 beds . Designed to promote comfort and healing with the use of natural light and soothing colors, the hospital offers the latest medical technology and is home to San Diego’s largest, most modern Emergency and Trauma Center.
Sharp Memorial is known for outstanding programs in cardiac and vascular care, cancer treatment, orthopedic and neurological services, rehabilitation, robotic surgery and multiorgan transplantation, and has been recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for nursing excellence and is also designated as a Patient-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
Essential Physical Requirements may include:
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Staffing Assistant