Strategic Sourcing AnalystSend to my Email Email a friend Job ID 76518 Date posted 10/07/2016
Requisition ID: 76518
- Facility: Sharp Memorial Hospital
- City: San Diego
- Department: Supply Chain Services
- Category: Business Operations Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 1.0
- Shift Start: 8 AM
- Shift End Time: 5 PM
Send to my Email Email a friend
This position will be in Kearny Mesa, San Diego, CA.
8 hour day shift: 8am-5pm
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in business administration, finance, computer sciences, mathematics, economics, or related discipline
- Valid California Driver’s License
- Three to five years’ experience in procurement & sourcing including demonstrated knowledge of the RFX process
- Knowledge of medical products and equipment and how they are used in healthcare is preferred, as well as familiarity with sourcing and contracting of supplies, services, leases, and maintenance contracts, and familiarity of the contracting process within Group Purchasing Organizations (GPOs)
- Thorough comprehension and aptitude for data design, structuring, and presentation.
- Experience developing complex data models and manipulating that data into multiple scenarios to identify trends and aid in decision making
- Ability to utilize rigorous logic to solve difficult problems and make quality decisions in a timely manner
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Healthcare industry experience preferred
- High proficiency in Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint and other Microsoft applications
- Experience with Lawson ERP and/or Tableau
- Coordinates with end users and vendors to administer a fair and competitive bid process for capital equipment above a threshold as defined by Supply Chain leadership, maximizing the value of our purchases.
- Performs market research on medical technologies used by Sharp to identify alternatives and presents stakeholders with comparative analysis including functions, features, and cost.
- Utilizes market benchmarks to ensure that the final price paid by Sharp is best in class compared with similar organizations.
- With “evidence based facts and data” serving as the backbone of the sourcing process, the Strategic Sourcing Analyst plays a crucial role in providing decision-support to clinicians and leaders by researching, analyzing, and presenting data/ information that captures all relevant aspects and contributing factors needed for the clinicians/stakeholders to make well-informed.
- In addition to being responsible for the analysis of supply spend and supply utilization, the Analyst will incorporate other costs like training, conversions, reimbursement, and patient outcomes in order to calculate the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) for supply decisions.
- The Analyst will also add value through their efforts in data mining and auditing, ad hoc research, cost accounting, process improvement, financial decision support, and operational standardization.
- Provides professional knowledge of hospital and medical group acquisition for supplies, equipment, service, and cost effective standardization of routine purchases. Administers and directs processes to enhance quality, efficiency and cost-effective programs in support of customer departments.
- Participates in strategic capital planning with peers across the system, providing decision makers with information regarding group buys or other opportunities to leverage volume discounts.
- Provides recommendations in the acquisition of low spend/complexity supplies and services as assigned.
- Performs market research and makes recommendations regarding optimum disposition of used equipment within the scope of the capital procurement projects (sale, trade-in, or disposal).
- Helps to ensure stakeholders are aware of contracted obligations, changes, improvements, and conversions.
Sharp Memorial Hospital — the first hospital in San Diego with all private patient rooms — is dedicated to providing the highest-quality, patient-centered care. Designed to promote comfort and healing with the use of natural light and soothing colors, the 368-bed hospital offers the latest medical technology and is home to San Diego’s largest, most modern emergency and trauma center.
Sharp Memorial is known for outstanding programs in cardiac and vascular care, cancer treatment, orthopedic and neurological services, physical rehabilitation, robotic surgery and organ transplantation. It and has been recognized as is a Magnet-designated hospital for nursing excellence and is also designated as a Patient-Centered Hospital by the international patient advocacy group Planetree, Inc.
Physical Requirements may be discussed during the interview
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Buyer, Supply Chain, Purchasing, Healthcare, E-commerce, Sharp HealthCare, Sharp, San Diego, San Diego Jobs