Job ID: 106416 Date posted: November 21, 2020
- Sharp HealthCare
- Management Jobs
- Day Job
This position will provide effective financial leadership of Sharp HealthCare assigned business unit for hospitals and foundation entities, including preparation of financial statements in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), consultation with Senior Management, and supervision of accounting personnel and functions.
Sharp HealthCare’s Corporate Finance department is primarily responsible for the preparation of monthly financial statements for Sharp HealthCare and its various entities, coordinating the preparation of Sharp’s annual operating budget, filing all required cost reports, tax returns and various other reports with the appropriate regulatory agencies, and coordinating Sharp’s annual external audit.
Sharp System Services have campuses located in the communities of Kearny Mesa and Serra Mesa and consist of the Spectrum location, the Ruffin Road location and Sharp Operations Center (SOC). These offices provide the centralized integrated system support services to the operating entities within the system. These services include: Strategic Planning, Business Development, Information Technology, Compliance, Internal Audit, Legal, Risk Management and Insurance, Contracts, Human Resources, Facilities Management and Development, Clinical Effectiveness, Finance, Nursing, Systems Supply Chain Services, Marketing and Communications, The Sharp Experience and Sharp University.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
This position is located in Kearny Mesa, San Diego County.
Full time, weekends as needed.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business or related field is required.
- Minimum five (5) years accounting experience including 2 years of leadership or supervisory experience required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data, as well as prepare or direct the preparation of concise, accurate and meaningful reports.
- Ability to effectively administer and manage multiple projects, people and priorities. Ability to work effectively with employees, management and peers. Highly analytical, focused and dedicated with a strong sense of loyalty and accountability to the organization.
- Excellent documentation skills with the ability to keep neat, accurate and concise records.
- Strong computer skills, including advanced knowledge of Excel, accounting systems and preparing financial statements in accordance with GAAP.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Healthcare and/or audit experience
- Master’s of Business Administration (MBA)
- Lean Six Sigma certification.
“After nearly 10 years of working here, it's still one of the hardest jobs I've ever loved. If you find a niche here, you'll be working with some of the smartest in the industry. This is where they'll respect you for thinking outside the box and kindness matters. They expect consistency and hard work, but pay you well to do it.”