Supervisor Hospital Material Operations
Job ID: 107292 Date posted: January 13, 2021
- Sharp Memorial Hospital
- Supply Distribution
- Management Jobs
- Day Job
The purpose of this position is to provide direct, daily support for purchasing, receiving, logistics, central storeroom, transportation, carts/distribution, standardization, and equipment management functions in support of all 6 facilities at the Sharp Metropolitan Medical Campus.
Sharp Memorial Hospital — the first hospital in San Diego with all private patient rooms — is dedicated to providing the highest-quality, patient-centered care and consists of 368 beds. Designed to promote comfort and healing with the use of natural light and soothing colors, the hospital offers the latest medical technology and is home to San Diego’s large and modern Emergency and Trauma Center.
Sharp Memorial is known for outstanding programs in cardiac and vascular care, cancer treatment, orthopedic and neurological services, rehabilitation, robotic surgery and multi-organ transplantation, and has been recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for nursing excellence and is also designated as a Patient-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status or any other protected class
This position is located in Serra Mesa, San Diego County
Full Time - Day Shift
Required Skills and Qualifications
- At least five (5) years supervisory/management experience in hospital materiel management operations.
- Experience in an acute care/hospital materiel management environment.
- Knowledge of and experience in all phases of healthcare materiel management operations including ordering, purchasing, receiving, distribution, inventory and equipment management, and accounts payable.
- Experience with meeting hospital regulatory, safety, and compliance requirements.
- Strong supervisory skills including performance management, staff development and training.
- Excellent negotiation, communication and customer service skills.
- Experience with automated materiel management systems, including purchasing and inventory management.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
“After nearly 10 years of working here, it's still one of the hardest jobs I've ever loved. If you find a niche here, you'll be working with some of the smartest in the industry. This is where they'll respect you for thinking outside the box and kindness matters. They expect consistency and hard work, but pay you well to do it.”