Job ID: 101349 Date posted: February 27, 2020
- SRS Administration
- Lab Clinical Services
- Laboratory Jobs
This position will oversee the SRS Laboratory float pool staff, histology technicians and the QA/QC staff. The Supervisor Laboratory provides management support and coordinates the daily operations of multiple laboratory departments. Supervises daily work activity of Patient Service Representatives (PSR’s), Phlebotomist, CLS, Lab Assistants (PSR/Clerk) of those departments. Assists Director with operational planning and provides daily work directions to achieve organizational and department objectives.
The Sharp Rees-Stealy Laboratories utilize the most sophisticated state of the art equipment to deliver a full range of quality diagnostic testing, innovation and service oriented laboratory with 8 full service laboratories and 14 drawing stations throughout the San Diego County. For the convenience of the patients appointments or walking patients are accepted.
The Sharp Rees-Stealy Laboratories are CLIA and State certified.
With 450 primary and specialty care physicians providing care at 21 facilities throughout the region, Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Group is one of the largest, most comprehensive medical groups in San Diego County, and is recognized for excellence in patient satisfaction and clinical care. For patient convenience and improved coordination of care, Sharp Rees-Stealy offers services like laboratory, radiology, physical therapy and urgent care within each clinic or nearby.
This position is located in Serra Mesa (SRS Genesee), San Diego County. Position will travel between the different SRS laboratory sites in order to oversee the SRS Laboratory float pool staff, histology technicians and the QA/QC staff.
8-hour variable shift; including weekend as needed. Laboratory hours: 7:00 am - 10:00 pm
This is a Full-Time (1.0) Position: 80 hours/pay period
Required Skills and Qualification
- Bachelor’s degree in Biological Science, medical technology related science, or equivalent in accordance with CA State CLS
- Current California Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS) licensure
- Minimum of 3 years’ CLS experience in clinical laboratory environment
- Minimum of 2 years’ in a leadership role
- Must have the ability to remain flexible in a rapidly changing environment and current health care dynamic climate
- Experience or ability to plan, design and implement and evaluate one’s own work and work independently with minimal observation and supervision
- Full knowledge and understanding of laboratory and departmental policies and procedures
- Significant knowledge of fiscal and budgetary process for lab
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- ASCP certification
- Three years Quality Control and QC experience
- CLS experience working in a CLIA certified high-complexity laboratory
- Knowledge of the histology laboratory section
- Knowledge of staffing scheduling
- Computer skills, especially in the application of Microsoft office, LIS, TouchWorks, and Cerner PathNet
Sharp HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: CLS, Laboratory, CLIA, MLS, MT, Technologist, Laboratory Scientist, Supervisor, Leadership
“After nearly 10 years of working here, it's still one of the hardest jobs I've ever loved. If you find a niche here, you'll be working with some of the smartest in the industry. This is where they'll respect you for thinking outside the box and kindness matters. They expect consistency and hard work, but pay you well to do it.”