Supervisor Patient Care
Job ID: 103136 Date posted: July 01, 2020
- SRS Administration
- Medical Specialty Mgmt PCM 2
- Day Job
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
The Patient Care Supervisor assists patients, staff and providers as needed to maintain a high level of efficiency of operations and customer service while providing quality care to a designated patient population. Responsible for supervising and coordinating operations of assigned departments. Provides direct patient care in the clinical setting. Acts as a patient and employee advocate, works cooperatively with physicians and assures communications with and among staff and managers in accordance with the Sharp Rees-Stealy mission and goals statements. This role will oversee approximately 45 direct reports in the following departments: Gastroenterology.
Nursing Administration oversees the entire multi-disciplinary ambulatory clinic and is committed to providing high quality care and to making a difference in the lives of patients and their families. Acts as a patient and employee advocate, works cooperatively with physicians, staff and team members to ensure good communications in accordance with the Sharp Rees-Stealy Mission and Goals.
With 400 primary and specialty care physicians providing care at 22 facilities throughout the region, Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Group is one of the largest, most comprehensive medical groups in San Diego County, and is recognized for excellence in patient satisfaction and clinical care. For patient convenience and improved coordination of care, Sharp Rees-Stealy offers services like laboratory, radiology, physical therapy and urgent care within each clinic or nearby.
Physical requirements may be discussed at time of interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
8-hour day shift: 7:30am – 4:30pm, weekends as needed
- Education as required by the California Board or Nursing
- Current unencumbered California RN license
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification
- Minimum of three (3) years related RN experience
- Leadership experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in clinical skills, nursing judgment and leadership
- IV proficient
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Nursing
- Management experience in ambulatory care
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole