Supervisor RN Phone Triage
Job ID: 95601 Date posted: May 11, 2019
- SRS Administration
- Call Pod Triage RN
- Day Job
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
The RN Phone Triage Supervisor is responsible for supervision of the Connected to Care Triage Nurses to ensure efficient daily operations, quality outcomes, and internal and external customer satisfaction. Work with Patient Contact Center Leadership to ensure appropriate staffing of Connected to Care Triage Nurses. Serve as a liaison/support for clinical leaders in managing inbound phone triage call quality, standard work, and call center reporting.
Sharp Rees-Stealy's mission is to improve the health of its community through a caring partnership of patients, physicians and employees. Its goal is to offer quality services that set community standards and exceed expectations in a caring, convenient, affordable and accessible manner.
Sharp Rees-Stealy has been serving the health care needs of San Diegans since 1923 when doctors Clarence Rees and Clair Stealy formed San Diego's first multispecialty medical group practice. Today, Sharp Rees-Stealy has 22 locations and 500 primary care doctors and specialists representing virtually every field of medicine.
Physical Requirements may be discussed at the time of interview,
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
This position is located at Copley, San Diego County
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Nursing
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse (RN) license
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification by the American Heart Association
- Minimum three (3) years RN work experience in related clinical area
- Prior experience in telephone triage
- Leadership experience
Excellent written and oral communication skills. Solid understanding of English grammar, vocabulary and punctuation.
Computer literate, to include experience with electronic health record, electronic mail, word processing, spreadsheets, and database programs.
Able to follow strict timelines and manage multiple tasks concurrently.
Able to work independently and as a member of a cohesive, results-oriented team.
Ability to execute tasks with minimal instruction.
Demonstrated ability to supervise, motivate and coach staff.
High level of integrity; ability to maintain confidentiality
Able to exercise mature and sound judgment in the commitment of the medical centers mission and operating goals.
Exceptional diplomacy skills to effectively resolve issues under sometimes tense and stressful circumstances. Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification
- Management experience in Ambulatory Care strongly preferred
- Previous Experience using the Barton Schmitt/David Thompson protocols
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole