Surgical Technologist IIJob ID 83746 Date posted 10/30/2017
- Facility: SRS Administration
- City: San Diego
- Department: Physician Extenders
- Category: Clinical Technician Jobs
- Job Status: Per Diem
- Shift: Variable
- FTE: 0.0
- Shift Start: Variable
- Shift End Time: Variable
This position is located in Kearny Mesa, San Diego County (Sharp Memorial Hospital or Sharp Outpatient Pavilion Surgery Departments
Per Diem position - 8 hour shift
Variable start and stop times - Weekends as needed
On call requirement
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Graduate from an approved Surgical Technologist program or demonstrated skills via on the job training
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for Healthcare Providers
- Certified Surgical Technologist certification (CST) or Certified Surgical First Assistant (CSFA) – must maintain National Board Certification of Surgical Technologist or Certified Surgical First Assistant
- Three years Surgical Tech experience in a hospital setting
- Proficient in scrubbing for all specialties except open heart
- Ability to function in a fast paced surgical department
- Strong customer service and teamwork skills
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Experience scrubbing for robotics cases
This role will be responsible for the safe and effective conduct of invasive surgical procedures by ensuring the operating room environment is safe, that surgical equipment is functioning properly, and that the operative procedures are conducted under conditions that ensure patient safety. This position will also utilize clinical expertise in the roles of a scrub surgical technologist.
This position is primarily responsible to assist General Surgery. Excellent opportunity for a self motivated, detail oriented team player working directly with surgeons and patients in a fast paced environment.
With 450 primary and specialty care physicians providing care at 22 facilities throughout the region, Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Group is one of the largest, most comprehensive medical groups in San Diego County, and is recognized for excellence in patient satisfaction and clinical care. For patient convenience and improved coordination of care, Sharp Rees-Stealy offers services like laboratory, radiology, physical therapy and urgent care within each clinic or nearby.
Sharp Rees-Stealy has also opened two remarkable state-of-the-art medical office buildings. One located in Downtown San Diego and the other in Sorrento Mesa. Both will provide their communities with leading edge care for decades to come.
Essential Physical Requirements may be discussed at time of interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Surgical Technologist, CST, Operating Room, Surgery, Tech, Technician, Surgical, Healthcare, Certified Surgical Technologist, San Diego Surgical Technologist jobs, San Diego Surgical Tech jobs, Surgical Tech jobs, Surgical Technologist jobs,