Systems Analyst, Cerner EMR
Job ID: 104209 Date posted: August 26, 2020
- Sharp HealthCare
- ISD Cerner EMR
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful IT professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
The System Analyst on the Nursing Support Team will help support key initiatives and provide operational support, change management and ongoing maintenance for Cerner Millennium and other supported IT Applications. They will provide quality support for assigned applications by utilizing effective and creative problem solving techniques, ensure effective communication with stakeholders, develop and execute test plans to ensure optimal system performance and successfully contribute to projects using applied principles of project management.
The Nursing Support team provides a comprehensive approach to the support of the hospital clinical care team, ensuring optimal design, configuration and integration of PowerChart and FirstNet solutions, CareAware Connect Mobile solutions, FetaLink, VitalsLink, Infusion Suite, Millennium Mobile and much more. The team collaborates with clients, vendors, teammates and other divisions across IT to meet customer, regulatory and IT infrastructure requirements for implementations and upgrades. The team analyzes system problems, uses creativity to provide viable customer solutions, writes and executes detailed test plans, and creates thorough documentation for issues escalated through the Technical Assistance Center. All Cerner teams participate in an on call rotation for issues escalated through the Technical Assistance Center.
Sharp System Services have campuses located in the communities of Kearny Mesa and Serra Mesa and consist of the Spectrum location, the Ruffin Road location and Sharp Operations Center (SOC). These offices provide the centralized integrated system support services to the operating entities within the system. These services include: Strategic Planning, Business Development, Information Technology, Compliance, Internal Audit, Legal, Risk Management and Insurance, Contracts, Human Resources, Facilities Management and Development, Clinical Effectiveness, Finance, Nursing, Systems Supply Chain Services, Marketing and Communications, The Sharp Experience and Sharp University.
This position is located in Kearny Mesa, San Diego County.
8 hour day shift, on-call rotation; evenings and weekends as needed
Eligible for Relocation assistance
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Two years of systems analysis experience
- Clinical Systems experience
- Strong problem solving/analysis and customer service skills
- Strong internal and external customer service skills
- Strong communication skills
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in an applicable field
- Relevant experience in excess of five years or appropriate certifications may be substituted
- Healthcare position that included systems analysis and/or computer systems support activities
- Cerner systems experience
- Cerner EMR build knowledge
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole