Systems Analyst, Clinical SystemsJob ID 85195 Date posted 01/05/2018
- Facility: Sharp HealthCare
- City: San Diego
- Department: ISD Clinical Systems
- Category: IT Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 1.0
- Shift Start: 8 AM
- Shift End Time: 5 PM
This position is located in Kearny Mesa, San Diego County.
8-hour day shift, on-call rotation; evenings and weekends as needed
Required Skills and Qualifications
- One to three (1 - 3) years’ systems analysis experience administering, testing, maintaining medical information systems or knowledge of clinician workflow analysis
- Clinical Laboratory Systems experience
- Skills in utilizing MS Office Suite, MS Project, database management, scripting, flowcharting and project management tools
- Skills in applying IS principles and practices to systematically interpret functional requirements into application design and the ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical customers
- Ability to effectively collaborate with Sharp management, staff, physicians and vendors
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in an applicable field
- Relevant experience in excess of five years or appropriate certifications may be substituted
- Healthcare position that included systems analysis and/or computer systems support activities
- Work experience with Cerner Millennium, Cerner PathNet Anatomic Pathology, Dragon Voice or Laboratory Outreach Systems
Sharp HealthCare's Information Systems Department was rated “Best Hospital IT Department” in the large hospital category by HealthCare IT News and is nationally recognized within the health care industry. Sharp HealthCare’s IT department is consistently ranked in the top “100 Most Wired HealthCare Systems” by Hospitals and Health Networks Magazine and recently ranked in Computerworld's "Best Places to Work", Sharp HealthCare was ranked #1 in the Pacific region.
The Systems Analyst position will be responsible for application support of Laboratory Support Systems with a focus on Outreach Laboratory Operations, Cerner PathNet and Roche Data Innovations Instrument Manager. A background in desktop support is preferredThe Analyst will collaborate with clients, vendors, teammates and other teams to meet customer, regulatory and IS infrastructure requirements for application implementations and upgrades.Analyze system problems, use creativity to provide viable solutions, execute detailed test plans, create thorough documentation, and conduct peer reviews and project management activities.A diverse customer base includes clinical and support staff, management and physicians
This position offers exciting opportunities for analysis and development of Laboratory Support Systems strategies.
The Laboratory and Ancillary Systems Support Team consists of dedicated information systems professionals with domain and system expertise in application interface protocols, project management, and process development. Laboratory, Pulmonary and Transplant Systems Support Team provides customer on-call support 24/7, testing and implementation of new releases, troubleshooting hardware and software; provide education/training to users, maintenance of the applications.This IT team consists of nine staff analysts and one Manager supporting the following applications: Cerner PathNet, Roche Data Innovations, EDIT, Diabetes monitoring, Cerner Gajema, Olympus America Lumenera, Nuance Dictaphone, Viasys VMAX, and Philips Alice Sleepware.
Sharp System Services have campuses located in the communities of Kearny Mesa and Sierra Mesa and consist of the Spectrum location, the Ruffin Road location and Sharp Operations Center (SOC). These offices provide the centralized integrated system support services to the operating entities within the system. These services include: Strategic Planning, Business Development, Information Technology, Compliance, Internal Audit, Legal, Risk Management and Insurance, Contracts, Human Resources, Facilities Management and Development, Clinical Effectiveness, Finance, Nursing, Systems Supply Chain Services, Marketing and Communications, The Sharp Experience and Sharp University.
Essential physical requirements may be discussed during interview
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Systems Analyst, Cerner, PathNet, Millennium, Anatomic Pathology, Dragon and Physician workflow, Outreach