The Technical Lab Assistant (TLA) provides the technical knowledge, expertise and judgment required to support the Sharp HealthCare (SHC) mission and scope of laboratory services. Assists with pre-analytical, analytical and post-analytical test processes, documentation and processing of lab results relative to the diagnosis, assessment, and treatment of disease.
The Sharp HealthCare Copley Laboratory is the centralized reference laboratory responsible for supporting the Sharp HealthCare system. The scope of services includes the Pathology Lab, Immunology, Microbiology and Molecular Diagnostic testing and is operational 24 hours per day/7 days per week. We are proud to have a team of very committed and highly performing employees! Our leadership team promotes wellness, real time reward & recognition, professional growth, flexible scheduling and work/life balance. Take your career to the next level with Sharp HealthCare’s Clinical Lab Services!
This position is located in Kearny Mesa, San Diego County
8-hour variable shift; including weekends as needed
This is a Per Diem position
Required Skills and Qualifications
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in science; OR three or more years of laboratory experience processing specimens, preparing specimens for analysis, assisting licensed/certified lab staff in performing testing procedures and processing
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Computer skills, data entry proficiency
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- College coursework in Chemistry or Biology
Physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Technical Lab Assistant, Laboratory, Laboratory Science, Chemistry, Microbiology, Biology