Training Specialist - Revenue Cycle, Centralized PAS SupportJob ID 83614 Date posted 10/30/2017
- Facility: Sharp HealthCare
- City: San Diego
- Department: Centralized PAS Support
- Category: Business Operations Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 1.0
- Shift Start: Variable
- Shift End Time: Variable
This position is located in Kearny Mesa, San Diego County.
8-hour day shift; start time and end time variable; weekends as needed
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Must have active Driver’s License and ability to commute between Sharp HealthCare entities as scheduled or requested
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in a Hospital Revenue Cycle (One year of experience may be supplemented with health care related degree)
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience developing and delivering multiple types of training
- Must have knowledge of health care regulations affecting Revenue Cycle operations and experience implementing workflow solutions related to health care regulations
- Demonstrated knowledge of Lean Six Sigma methodologies
- Intermediate level of proficiency with MS Office and MS applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Must have effective project management skills with a superior ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously while managing deadlines
- Must demonstrate ability to effectively manage own time. Must demonstrate effective analytical ability and sound judgement to assess complex needs and troubleshoot performance or process issues
- Must have proven strong communication, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate (verbal / written) and work effectively with staff
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Healthcare or business related degree
- HBI-Certified Revenue Cycle Specialist (CRCS) or equivalent
- Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification
- Visio and SharePoint knowledge
- Knowledge and working experience of Adobe Suite including Acrobat and Captivate
- Intermediate knowledge of Computer based applications including GE Centricity Framework ADT/HPA, Cerner Applications, OnBase, and DSG
The Training Specialist – Revenue Cycle will provide training and education to the Revenue Cycle division including Patient Access Services staff, Patient Financial Services staff,HIM staff, and Clinical staff as needed for all SHC entities. Identifies training and educational needs within the Revenue Cycle division by analyzing audits and observing staff. This position is responsible for assisting in the development of Revenue Cycle training curriculums, materials, job aids, and guidelines. Provides customer focused new hire, remediation, and job specific training in order to ensure the quality development of Revenue Cycle staff. As assigned, this position will be required to visit Patient Access Services departments at all SHC entities once per week at minimum.
Centralized PAS Support is a Revenue Cycle department that provides support to all of the Patient Access Services at each of the Sharp Entities including Patient Financial Services.
Sharp System Services have campuses located in the communities of Kearny Mesa and Serra Mesa and consist of the Spectrum location, the Ruffin Road location and Sharp Operations Center (SOC). These offices provide the centralized integrated system support services to the operating entities within the system. These services include: Strategic Planning, Business Development, Information Technology, Compliance, Internal Audit, Legal, Risk Management and Insurance, Contracts, Human Resources, Facilities Management and Development, Clinical Effectiveness, Finance, Nursing, Systems Supply Chain Services, Marketing and Communications, The Sharp Experience and Sharp University.
Physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Revenue Jobs, Revenue Cycle Jobs, Training Jobs, Leadership Jobs, Sharp Jobs, San Diego Jobs, HealthCare Jobs, Supervisory Jobs, Manager Jobs, Supervisor Jobs, Hospital Jobs, Patient Access Jobs, Patient Financial Jobs