Transplant Specialist SMH Kidney Transplant program
Job ID: 97979 Date posted: September 11, 2019
- Sharp Memorial Hospital
- Kidney Transplant
- Day Job
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
This position is for a Transplant Specialist with the Transplant Administration department at Sharp Memorial Hospital. The Transplant specialist integrates care with the multidisciplinary team to facilitate patient access to needed resources from pre-admission to discharge. The Transplant Specialist transfers knowledge and mentors others to improve clinical practice. The application of expert nursing principles by the Transplant Specialist will directly result in improved outcomes as assessed by patients, family, physicians and staff. In addition to the roles/responsibilities of a clinical nurse, the Transplant Specialist is an advanced clinician who applies nursing principles in the provision of science-based, comprehensive care delivery to the transplant patient population.
The Transplant department is a multi-disciplinary department committed to high quality patient care and making a difference in the lives of patients and their families’ pre and post-transplant.
Sharp Memorial Hospital — the first hospital in San Diego with all private patient rooms — is dedicated to providing the highest-quality, person-centered care and consists of 368 beds. Designed to promote comfort and healing with the use of natural light and soothing colors, the hospital offers the latest medical technology.
Sharp Memorial is known for outstanding programs in cardiac and vascular care, cancer treatment, orthopedic and neurological services, rehabilitation, robotic surgery and multiorgan transplantation, and has been recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for nursing excellence and is also designated as a Person-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
This position is located in Serra Mesa, CA (San Diego County)
Full-time; Day 8 hour shift; Variable start time between 8AM – 9AM; schedule to be discussed during the interview; week-ends & on call as needed
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse licensure
- Current AHA BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Formal academic and advanced Education (i.e. BSN, BA, MSN, PhD)
- Two years minimum general nursing experience
- Position requires ability to demonstrate professional skills and departmental competencies necessary to be a practitioner, consultant and mentor
- Adult Solid Organ Transplant Coordinator and ESRD experience
- Nursing experience in a critical care setting (SICU or MICU) or nursing experience in caring for cardiac, ESRD undergoing hemodialysis and post-transplant recipients &/or patients
- Certified Clinical Transplant Coordinator (CCTC)
- Prior solid organ transplant experience
- Demonstrated time management skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with nephrologists, surgeons, inpatient and outpatient healthcare professionals
- Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective interpersonal relationships
- Demonstrated team work, collaboration, communication and customer service skills
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
Essential Physical Requirements may be discussed during interview. Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole