Transplant SpecialistJob ID 82351 Date posted 10/03/2017
- Facility: Sharp Memorial Hospital
- City: San Diego
- Department: Kidney Transplant Admin
- Category: Specialty Nurse Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 1.0
- Shift Start: 8 AM
- Shift End Time: 4:30 PM
Sharp employees are eligible for a $1000 employee referral bonus
This position is located in Serra Mesa, CA (San Diego County)
Day shift; Monday – Friday; 0800 – 1630; on-call may be required; no scheduled weekends
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse licensure
- Formal academic and advanced Education (i.e. BSN, BA, MSN, PhD)
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Two to Three years general nursing experience
- Position requires ability to demonstrate professional skills and departmental competencies necessary to be a practitioner, consultant and mentor
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Adult Solid Organ Transplant Coordinator and ESRD experience
- Three to five years nursing experience in a critical care setting (SICU or MICU) or 3 to 5 years nursing experience in caring for cardiac, ESRD undergoing hemodialysis and post-transplant recipients &/or patients
- Critical care experience
- Recent Transplant Coordinator experience
- Certified Clinical Transplant Coordinator (CCTC) preferred (CCTC to be obtained within 18 months of employment
- Prior solid organ transplant experience
- Demonstrated time management skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with nephrologists, surgeons, inpatient and outpatient healthcare professionals
- Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective interpersonal relationships
- Demonstrated team work, collaboration, communication and customer service skills
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
This position is for a Transplant Specialist with the Transplant Administration department at Sharp Memorial Hospital. The Transplant specialist integrates care with the multidisciplinary team to facilitate patients’ access to needed resources from pre-admission to discharge. The Transplant Specialist transfers knowledge and mentors others to improve clinical practice. The application of expert nursing principles by the Transplant Specialist will directly result in improved outcomes as assessed by patients, family, physicians and staff. In addition to the roles/responsibilities of a clinical nurse, the Transplant Specialist is an advanced clinician who applies nursing principles in the provision of science-based, comprehensive care delivery to the transplant patient population.
The Transplant department is a multi-disciplinary department committed to high quality patient care and making a difference in the lives of patients and their families’ pre and post-transplant.
Sharp Memorial Hospital — the first hospital in San Diego with all private patient rooms — is dedicated to providing the highest-quality, patient-centered care and consists of 368 beds. Designed to promote comfort and healing with the use of natural light and soothing colors, the hospital offers the latest medical technology.
Sharp Memorial is known for outstanding programs in cardiac and vascular care, cancer treatment, orthopedic and neurological services, rehabilitation, robotic surgery and multiorgan transplantation, and has been recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for nursing excellence and is also designated as a Patient-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
Essential Physical Requirements mayinclude
- Fine Manipulation/Pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Lift up to 10 pounds
- Push/Pull up to 50 pounds
- Carry up to 10 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: 82351, Transplant Specialist, RN, Educator, Consultant, Nursing Jobs, Nurse, PCU, ICU, Critical Care, SICU, MICU, ESRD, CCTC, Sharp Memorial Hospital, Pancreas, Kidney, Cardiac, coordinator, solid organ transplant, hemodialysis