Triage Registered Nurse - RNJob ID 85231 Date posted 01/06/2018
- Facility: SRS Genesee
- City: San Diego
- Department: Family Medicine
- Category: RN Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 1.0
- Shift Start: 8 AM
- Shift End Time: 5 PM
This position is located at the Genesee location in Serra Mesa, San Diego County
8-hour shift: 8:00am-5:00pm, no weekends
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Education as required by the California Board of Registered Nurses
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse (RN) license
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation CPR certification by the American Heart Association
- Minimum three (3) years RN work experience
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certification
- Prior triage experience
- Leadership experience
The Triage RN demonstrates clinical knowledge and technical expertise per the RN scope of practice with emphasis in primary care triaging. Uses well developed assessment and critical thinking skills to deliver all nursing care. Partners with physicians and other staff to triage primary care patients by phone, in clinic and conduct nurse visits in the procedure clinic to provide high quality patient care. Also Performs other department tasks as needed. Role model and resource for other LVN and Medical Assistant staff.
Sharp Rees-Stealy founded in 1923 is one of the largest multi-specialty medical groups in San Diego County. The department of Family Practice consists of 52 providers on our staff to meet the needs of our patients and is located at 9 of our Sharp Rees-Stealy medical clinics in San Diego (Chula Vista, El Cajon, La Mesa, Mira Mesa, Otay Ranch, Rancho Bernardo, San Diego Scripps Ranch, and Sorrento Mesa).
With 400 primary and specialty care physicians providing care at 20 facilities throughout the region, Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Group is one of the largest, most comprehensive medical groups in San Diego County, and is recognized for excellence in patient satisfaction and clinical care. For patient convenience and improved coordination of care, Sharp Rees-Stealy offers services like laboratory, radiology, physical therapy and urgent care within each clinic or nearby.
- Extensive computer typing and telephone calls
- Able to operate general medical equipment
- Lifts or carries light (10-25 pounds) general office and medical equipment
- Transferring patients to and from wheelchair, exam table and car
- Pushing and pulling wheelchairs and gurneys
Additional physical requirements may be discussed during the interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: RN, Registered Nurse, triage, ER, ED, clinic, family practice, ambulatory care, RN jobs in San Diego, Registered Nurse jobs in San Diego