The Ultrasound Tech in Echo, will perform a wide variety of adult procedures including bedside echo, TEE, and stress echo with emphasis on quality patient care. As part of the Sharp Experience, all sonographers are expected to utilize the concept of A (Acknowledge)I(Introduce)D(Duration)E(Explanation)T(Thank you) with each patient.
Our echo department completes echos, TEEs and stress tests, downloads them into the EchoPACS system and assists physicians in completing their final reports in the electronic PACS system.
The Cardiac Cath Lab at Sharp Memorial Hospital has four cardiac cath suites and a nine bed CV staging unit. The common patient population consists of diagnostic cardiac and peripheral catheterization, percutaneous coronary and peripheral intervention, as well as electrophysiology procedures patients. We provide pre and post op patient care and assist physicians with procedures including
tranesophageal echocardiography, ECHO guided endomyocardial biopsies, tilt table studies and arrhythmia cardioversion.
Sharp Memorial Hospital — the first hospital in San Diego with all private patient rooms — is dedicated to providing the highest-quality, patient-centered care and consists of 368 beds. Designed to promote comfort and healing with the use of natural light and soothing colors, the hospital offers the latest medical technology.
Sharp Memorial is known for outstanding programs in cardiac and vascular care, cancer treatment, orthopedic and neurological services, rehabilitation, robotic surgery and multi-organ transplantation, and has been recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for nursing excellence and is also designated as a Patient-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
This position is located at Sharp Memorial Hospital in the community of Serra Mesa, San Diego County
Per Diem position - Variable shift
Weekends as needed
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Satisfactory completion of a formal Cardiovascular Technology training program in an AMA approved school and meets the requirement of an appropriate State and/or Federal mandated certification or equivalent
- Current RDCS by the ARDMS or RCS by the CCI
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for Healthcare providers
- Demonstrated knowledge of universal precautions and sterile techniques
- Clear and effective communication skills
- Ability to work in a team oriented patient care environment
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- One or more years’ experience performing echocardiography procedures
- Experience with electronic medical record
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
Physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.