Vice President Cardiovascular Service LineSend to my Email Email a friend Job ID 75304 Date posted 08/08/2016
Requisition ID: 75304
- Facility: Executive Payroll
- City: San Diego
- Department: SHC Clinical Effectiveness
- Category: Executive Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 1.0
- Shift Start: Variable
- Shift End Time: Variable
Send to my Email Email a friend
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of five (5) years of clinical experience in Cardiac service areas required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of leadership experience in relevant area of responsibility.
- Minimum of three (3) years of progressive management, program and business development experience.
Education: Master’s in Nursing or Healthcare Administration.
Licensure: Unencumbered California RN license
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
Demonstrated ability to facilitate and lead large, diverse, multidisciplinary teams.
History of successful change implementation.
Demonstrated strong interpersonal communication skills.
Ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel and staff.
Compensation and Benefits:
The VP Cardiovascular Service Line position provides a very competitive compensation, including opportunity to participate in a system-wide incentive program along with a generous benefit package.
Physical Requirements may be discussed during the interview
VP Cardiovascular Service Line - Sharp System Services
In collaboration with the Sharp HealthCare System SVP of Clinical Effectiveness, CEOs and other appropriate administrators, the VP Cardiovascular Service Line provides leadership and direction on long-range planning and leadership for Cardiac Services. Plans, directs and coordinates the development and implementation of cardiac programs consistent with the mission and vision of Sharp HealthCare. Responsible for the strategic planning, business development and growth for cardiac care including cardiology, cardiac surgery, transplant, mechanical assist devices and cardiac rehab across the system. Develops collaborative relationships with medical directors, medical groups, the community, and professional organizations to ensure a continuum of care focus and to enhance the image of Sharp HealthCare. Works with other senior leaders, cardiac program managers and departments to ensure continued entity and system collaboration and support. Develops and executes strategic planning for the system regarding market, capital, and operational activities to ensure quality results and market share goals. Recommends and implements an integrated performance and quality improvement process that will improve effectiveness, enhance efficiency, increase cost effectiveness, and ensure high customer satisfaction and optimal patient outcomes.
- Develop an integrated, streamlined, systematic process to produce top decile clinical quality performance.
- Leads strategic planning process to develop and expand cardiac programs and services.
- In collaboration with marketing and key stakeholders, develops a strategic system-wide marketing plan to provide for cardiac service line growth.
- Leads and directs system response to RFI’s requests to ensure contractual arrangements and Center of Excellence designation.
- Develops new services to drive market share growth.
- Pursues and attains national performance recognition for service line.
- Responsible for the development of annual service line and capital budgets anticipating new technology needs while ensuring effective use of system capital.
- Promotes opportunities to participate in clinical trials and development of an effective outcomes research program.
- Performs variance analysis on financial outcomes and develops strategies to drive financial improvements through market share growth, reduction in cost of services attracting positive payor mix, judicious utilization of services, and optimization of LOS.
- Delivery of results of opportunities to improve service line financial performance.
- Prepares cost/benefit analysis of new and existing programs, services, and variations in practice.
- Partners with medical staff to develop cardiac program to achieve vision of best place to practice medicine.
- Designs and develops strategies to ensure best practice customer service in cardiac program.
About Sharp HealthCare ~
Sharp HealthCare is a not-for-profit integrated regional health care delivery system based in San Diego, California. Sharp includes four acute care hospitals, three specialty hospitals, two affiliated medical groups, a health plan, plus a full spectrum of other facilities and services. Serving a population of approximately 3 million in San Diego County, Sharp has more than 17,000 employees and 2,600 affiliated physicians on medical staffs, and operates 1,867 beds. The Sharp Experience is our unique, system wide commitment to transforming the health care experience in San Diego by becoming the best place to work, practice medicine and receive care.
Since 2001, our team has been on an exciting journey to transform the health care experience. We are passionate about providing health care the way it should be.
With exceptional skill. With advanced technology. And, especially, with kindness and empathy toward our patients and their loved ones. It’s going beyond caring for people to caring about people. This is the extraordinary level of care we call The Sharp Experience.
Encouraging everyone to find their passion and purpose is at the heart of The Sharp Experience. We are focused on providing an innovative and caring environment where employees are valued for the role they play in helping Sharp achieve its vision to be the best place to work, practice medicine and receive care. Become a part of our team and find out what it means to do what you love.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.”
Keywords: VP Cardiac Service Line, RN, Nursing Executive, Nursing Leadership, Cardiac Nurse, CVRN, CCU, RN-BC, AONE, ACHE, ACNL, CCRN, Sharp HealthCare jobs, Executives careers, Nursing Executive jobs, RN jobs