Vice President Finance
Job ID: 92939 Date posted: January 04, 2019
- Sharp HealthCare
- Executive Jobs
- Day Job
- Provide strategic management of the accounting and finance functions
- Direct accounting policies, procedures and internal controls
- Recommend improvements to ensure the integrity of financial information
- Manage and oversee the relationship with independent auditors, the annual financial audit, and presentation to Audit/Finance Committee
- Plan, organize, and coordinate the month end and year end close process at the entity and consolidated level, including monthly Financial Accounting and Reporting (“FARM”) meetings with entity Chief Financial Officers
- Prepare meaningful, accurate and timely entity specific and consolidated financial statements, including the quantitative and qualitative analysis and notes
- Direct and manage the Corporate Accounting, Treasury, Tax, A/P, Payroll, Reimbursement, Decision Support, and Budget functions
- Establish, manage, and maintain relationships with investment institutions
- Oversight of investment portfolio and participation on Investment Committee
- Oversee financial systems implementations and upgrades related to general ledger, payroll, accounts payable, budget, decision support, and treasury
- Coordinate and manage the annual budget process for the corporation
- Collaborate with leaders of other departments to prepare for critical business opportunities
- Provide training and consultation to the Board of Directors, Executives, Entity Senior Management, and other Sharp management personnel
- Hire, train and retain competent accounting and finance staff
- Minimum of five (5) years of previous corporate finance/management experience within a multi-hospital system.
- “Big four” accounting and audit experience required.
- Excellent technical financial credentials/acumen, with proven experience in all financial functions.
- Background in general compliance work.
- Understanding of process automation and streamlining the procedures as they relate to investment/treasury, finance, and other related areas.
- Understanding of cost accounting, cost allocations and all aspects of project management reporting.
- Understanding of the complex regulated and competitive environment of healthcare system, healthcare finance and operations or proven success in a highly complex, multi-site environment.
- Experience interacting and presenting to customers and other senior groups.
- Proven leadership ability with a track record of attracting, selecting, developing, rewarding and retaining high-caliber, diverse financial teams who achieve business goals.
- A penchant for delivering the highest quality output for the Company’s constituencies including sponsors, patients, medical staff, suppliers and employees.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Accounting required.
- Master’s Degree strongly preferred.
Track record of identifying key priorities and problems, obtaining relevant information, identifying root causes and generating alternative solutions to reach sound management decisions.
The ability to understand and use technology to create and sustain competitive advantage including using technology to move financial imperatives forward, and aligning people and resource investment decisions with business technology to add shareholder value.
Knowledge about basic healthcare issues, such as the current and future problems of providing access and care to the indigent and aged, quality of care, financing of health services, regulation, collaboration, competition and the roles of government and the private sector regarding the organization, delivery and financing of care
Ability to lead by example and be detail oriented.
Capable of being a “change agent”, able to lead diverse groups in implementing new programs and ideas.
Outstanding relationship management skills; easily builds strong and effective working relationships within a climate of trust; inspires cooperation and confidence; and is a true consensus builder.
Strong customer service orientation - listens to and anticipates needs of the customer.
Exceptional communication skills – Ability to explain, advocate, express facts and ideas in a convincing manner, and negotiate with individuals and groups internally and externally.
Emotionally intelligent and tactful in all situations.
Superior presentation skills - able to present issues in a clear and articulate fashion in front of a variety of constituents.
“Sharp invests in the physical safety of its employees, unlike any other company I have worked with. They also are proactive in offering educational meetings that are relevant to the job we do. Management is fair and flexible with requested time off and there are plenty of opportunities to pick up extra shifts.”