Vice President System Pharmacy & Clinical NutritionJob ID 84508 Date posted 11/21/2017
- Facility: Executive Payroll
- City: San Diego
- Department: System Pharmacy Services
- Category: Executive Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 1.0
- Shift Start: Variable
- Shift End Time: Variable
System Vice President Pharmacy & Clinical Nutrition Services
The System Vice President of Pharmacy & Clinical Nutrition Services shall be responsible for and have oversight of the day-to-day operations of Sharp HealthCare Pharmacy Services and Clinical Nutrition Services. Functions shall include collaborating with hospital pharmacy teams to improve service, implement technologies and be an active participant in patient safety related to medication administration.
The Vice President shall ensure that the Department reflects the mission, vision and values of the Sharp Health System, and that the Department is in compliance with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards according to hospital policies, standards of practice of the profession, and state and federal laws.
The Vice President shall recommend innovations in the practice and function of the pharmacy to hospital administration and carry out mutually agreed upon programs. In addition, The Vice President represents the Pharmacy and Clinical Nutrition Services departments at system-wide and hospital committee meetings and functions. Other duties may include Human Resource management, training, and education of staff and quality improvement process.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 7 years management experience in a hospital pharmacy setting preferably as a director or senior leader in a large hospital and or system.
- A comprehensive knowledge of all The Joint Commission, Title 22/State, federal, state licensing and other local regulations as they relate to Pharmacy Services.
- Prior demonstrated successful experience as a Pharmacy Director of a large multi-hospital organization is preferred.
- A strong background in all aspects of acute hospital (large and small) and experience in managing non-acute operations, such as outpatient pharmacies.
- Demonstrated success in major project coordination and implementation of successful best practice clinical programs and cost containment initiatives.
- Extensive knowledge of patient medication safety strategies.
- Pharm.D. degree
- License to practice Pharmacy in the State of California is required.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationship with hospital and system leadership.
- Ability to set priorities which accurately reflect the relative importance of job responsibilities.
- Ability to work independently and follow-through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Ability to read and understand and interpret current scientific literature.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally on a one-to-one basis using appropriate vocabulary and grammar to obtain information, explain policies and procedures, and to persuade others to adopt a specific option or action.
- Knowledge of and ability to perform age specific and disease specific pharmacokinetic calculations.
- Strong customer service orientation with an unwavering commitment to patient safety and quality.
- Proven track record in managing financial operations, personnel, quality function, information technology and other professional aspects of current hospital practice.
System Vice President Pharmacy & Clinical Nutrition Services Key Responsibilities:
- Management of pharmacy and clinical nutrition services operations.
- Ensures effective integration and coordination of Pharmacy and Clinical Nutrition Services and operations in all entities within the Health System.
- Ensures cost effective financial management and efficient use of all resources in all entities within Sharp HealthCare Pharmacy and Clinical Nutrition Services.
- Ensures compliance with regulatory agencies and accrediting agencies as they relate to Pharmacy and Clinical Nutrition Services or programs
- Develops and motivates assigned System Pharmacists and Clinical Nutritionists to actively support and participate in system objectives and focus.
- Assures the delivery of quality patient care through implementation of pharmaceutical programs which optimize the distribution system.
- Assures effective supervision of Sharp Healthcare pharmacy and clinical nutrition services, staff development, appropriate staffing and promotes positive employee and guest relations.
- Establishes and maintains effective communication lines with Pharmacy, Clinical Nutrition Services, Nursing, Materials Management, Information Systems, Finance,
- Ancillary Services and other outside entities within Sharp Healthcare.
- Assures effective integration of pharmacy activities and objectives within the pharmacy department through implementation of effective and efficient policies & procedures and cost-effective issues.
- Assures a sound financial operation with efficient use of resources.
Patients, Visitors, Physicians, Volunteers, Community Agencies, Sharp HealthCare and contracted-services Staff.
Compensation and Benefits:
The position provides a very competitive compensation, including opportunity to participate in a system-wide incentive program along with a generous benefit package.
Two to four hours per day sitting at a desk, meeting table or at a computer. Two to four hours per day walking between hospital departments/buildings. Must be able to hear and speak clearly by telephone. Have a valid driver’s license and vehicle to commute to each entity/corporate office.
Additional Physical Requirements may be discussed during the interview
“Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.”
Keywords: System Vice President Pharmacy & Clinical Nutrition Services, PharmD, Clinical Nutrition, Executive Pharmacy jobs, Healthcare Executive jobs, Pharmacy Leadership jobs, Hospital Pharmacist jobs, Pharmacist compounding jobs, Pharmacist jobs, CA RPh jobs, Registered Pharmacist jobs, RPh jobs, 340B Program jobs, Sharp HealthCare jobs