Vice President Talent Strategy and Total Rewards | System-wide
- Corporate Offices
Shift Start Time:8 AM
Shift End Time:5 PM
Additional Shift Information:
Weekend Requirements:As Needed
What You Will Do
The Vice President, Talent Strategy and Total Rewards will report to the SVP, Human Resources and Talent Management (CHRO). This role is responsible for helping develop and implement talent strategies for Sharp HealthCare as well as lead the portfolio of Total Rewards strategies to support top decile employee engagement and retention. They will be responsible for implementing improved processes of governance, communications, transformation, and workflow to facilitate operational excellence as well as help the HR leadership team heighten its effectiveness communicating and collaborating with each other, executive leadership, and entity operations across the system.
They will partner closely with the CHRO to elevate performance related to Sharp’s People Pillar by helping keep strategic priorities on track, effectively benchmarking and researching best practices, as well as managing the execution of projects and tasks across multiple facets of business operations and special initiatives. This position requires a strategic mindset and consulting skills with a strong bias towards delivery.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 7 years of Compensation and Benefits management experience.
- Master's Degree
- Focused on information, benchmarking, data analytics and decision processes, the incumbent is charged with identifying key strategic priorities, mapping calendar/time commitments against priorities, mapping stakeholder network and developing engagement plan against strategic priorities.
- Lead Total Rewards, and when appropriate, act as the CHRO’s delegate.
- Foster collaboration with The Sharp Experience, Clinical Effectiveness and the Caster Institute to ensure culture, employee engagement and employee experience strategies and programs reflect HRTM’s (including Total Reward’s) strategic priorities and the CHRO’s personal brand.
- Build effective relationships on behalf of HRTM with leaders across the system, including members of the leader teams of each of the entities.
- Be a champion of The Sharp Experience.
- Prepare analysis, presentations, SBARs and briefs for meetings/engagements with key internal and external stakeholders.
- As directed by the CHRO, coordinate special projects, support Board of Directors/Committee material preparation, develop engagement plan with stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the HRTM senior leaders to ensure that HRTM action items are executed, connecting work streams to prevent siloed mindsets and behaviors.
- Facilitate change management and represent HRTM to the broader organization - communicating wants, needs, concerns, ideas from employees to executives in an effective, efficient, and elegant way.
- Help ensure the cadence and preparation for HRTM leadership and HRTM staff meetings supports a cohesive, knowledgeable, and engaged team.
- Facilitate successful and effective committee meetings by managing preparation, advance planning; ensure meeting objectives are realistic, the entire team is well-prepared, and that action items and next steps are documented and tracked.
Designs, administers and implements compensation programs, policies and procedures.
Establishes wage and salary structures.
Evaluates and administers job evaluations and determines proper classifications for management and non-management positions.
Develops and administers incentive compensation programs.
Develops and administers executive compensation programs.
Develops performance evaluation systems
Provides compensation strategies for union negotiations
Designs, administers and implements benefit programs, policies and procedures
Ensures compliance with all legal requirements of employee benefit programs
Develops and administers benefit communications and education programs
Selects and coordinates use of consultants, insurance brokers, insurance carriers, pension administrators, counsel and other benefit plan service vendors.
- Sharp Best Health Wellness Program:
Responsible for coordinating and promoting participation in Sharp’s health education and wellness programs
Coordinates and manages the Wellness Champion training program;
Serves as liaison between Sharp Health Plan and Sharp HealthCare to promote the wellness program
Responsible for deployment, implementation, and integration of the health education and wellness programs; and acts as a health promotion resource to Sharp HealthCare employees.
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly and can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods
- Business Acumen: Knowledge and understanding of people and culture touch points and strong financial business acumen. Experience in Healthcare industry strongly preferred.
- Results Orientation: Delivers beyond expectations and sets new and stretching goals for him/herself and the team. S/he will have a deep understanding of operational and process improvements that impact quality and execution and deliver continuous improvement
- Executive Leadership: With a strong executive presence, communicates effectively across the organization and demonstrates executive prowess to successfully lead
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability or any other protected class
#ECMaster's Degree; Bachelor's Degree
Want to know when new jobs are posted? Sign up for job alerts.
Set your parameters to automatically receive alerts when we post new jobs that fit your skills, interests and experience.
"After nearly 10 years of working here, it's still one of the hardest jobs I've ever loved. If you find a niche here, you'll be working with some of the smartest in the industry. This is where they'll respect you for thinking outside the box and kindness matters. They expect consistency and hard work, but pay you well to do it."
We are Sharp
Stay connected and join the career interest community
Want to stay informed about career opportunities and life at Sharp? Join our career interest community and receive information that matters to you.Join the community