Wellness Education Specialist I
Job ID: 93778 Date posted: February 09, 2019
- SRS Administration
- SHC Health Management
- Business Operations Jobs
- Minimum of two years patient education, skilled behavioral coaching or chronic disease self-management education required.
- Excellent verbal presentation and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to fulfill the duties and responsibilities described herein.
- Thorough knowledge and advanced understanding of behavior change methodologies, disease self-management strategies, and evidence-based health education research.
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients and providers in an interdisciplinary healthcare environment to provide coordinated medical care.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and lead outcomes-driven health education programs to meet department goals and objectives.
- Strong organizational, critical thinking, conflict management, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently, practice strong time management, set priorities, and demonstrate high productivity in a fast-paced, dynamic healthcare setting.
- Proficient at MS Word, Outlook and Power point.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Bachelor’s degree in health-related field required.
- CPR required within 90 days of hiring.
- Experience in a health care system preferred.
- Master’s degree in health-related field preferred.
- Certified health and wellness coach preferred.
“Sharp invests in the physical safety of its employees, unlike any other company I have worked with. They also are proactive in offering educational meetings that are relevant to the job we do. Management is fair and flexible with requested time off and there are plenty of opportunities to pick up extra shifts.”