Wellness Education Specialist IJob ID 86007 Date posted 02/09/2018
- Facility: SRS Administration
- City: San Diego
- Department: SHC Health Management
- Category: Business Operations Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Variable
- FTE: 1.0
- Shift Start: Variable
- Shift End Time: Variable
This position is located in San Diego, San Diego County and will require travel to various locations throughout San Diego County
Full time: 8-hours variable; weekends as needed
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of two years patient education, skilled behavioral coaching or chronic disease self-management education required.
- Excellent verbal presentation and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to fulfill the duties and responsibilities described herein.
- Thorough knowledge and advanced understanding of behavior change methodologies, disease self-management strategies, and evidence-based health education research.
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients and providers in an interdisciplinary healthcare environment to provide coordinated medical care.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and lead outcomes-driven health education programs to meet department goals and objectives.
- Strong organizational, critical thinking, conflict management, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently, practice strong time management, set priorities, and demonstrate high productivity in a fast-paced, dynamic healthcare setting.
- Proficient at MS Word, Outlook and Power point.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Bachelor’s degree in health-related field required.
- CPR required within 90 days of hiring.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Experience in a health care system preferred.
- Master’s degree in health-related field preferred.
- Certified health and wellness coach preferred.
The Wellness Education Specialist I utilize evidence-based health education and behavioral coaching techniques to engage patients in chronic disease self-management strategies. Deliver patient education programs in the classroom, telephonically and as webinars. As part of the SRS Continuum of Care, develop and deliver data driven health education and disease-management programs using proven behavioral coaching techniques.
The main function of the department is health promotion and education. We provide a professional, caring environment for the community. Classes are taught at various locations throughout the county.
With over 500 primary and specialty care physicians providing care at 22 facilities throughout the region, Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Group is one of the largest, most comprehensive medical groups in San Diego County, and is recognized for excellence in patient satisfaction and clinical care. For patient convenience and improved coordination of care, Sharp Rees-Stealy offers services like laboratory, radiology, physical therapy and urgent care within each clinic or nearby.
Sharp Rees-Stealy has also opened two remarkable state-of-the-art medical office buildings. One located in Downtown San Diego and the other in Sorrento Mesa. Both will provide their communities with leading edge care for decades to come.
Essential Physical Requirements may include
- Stand and sit for long periods of time
- Talk on the phone for up to eight (8) hours per day
- Travel to various other locations throughout San Diego
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Wellness Educator, wellness, education, coaching, disease management