Wound Ostomy Care Specialist -BU, Home Health Clinical Services, HH METRO
Job ID: 101741 Date posted: March 17, 2020
- Sharp Home Health
- Home Health Clinical Services
- Day Job
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
Sharp Home Health is San Diego's largest home health agency, licensed and certified since 1983. The agency is part of the Sharp Metropolitan Medical Campus, home to an array of comprehensive medical services and recipient of the 2007 prestigious Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award, the nation’s highest honor for quality and organizational performance excellence. Sharp Home Health provides cutting-edge clinical services including transplant care, wound experts, diabetes nurse educator, infusion specialists, and non-invasive pain management modalities.
With a focus on maximizing recovery, independence and long-term wellness, Sharp Home Health provides diabetes care instruction, specialty nursing, rehabilitation and senior behavioral health services to individuals throughout San Diego County.
- Graduate of an accredited Nursing program
- Graduate of a WOC Nurse Education program
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse (RN) license
- Certified Wound Ostomy Continence Nurse (CWOCN) Certification
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers issued by the AHA
- A minimum of 1 year recent home health experience
- Clinical expert in theory and/or research based nursing practice within a specialty area who functions in the following roles: clinical expert, educator, researcher, and consultant.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- 3-5 years Nursing experience
- 2 years Acute Care experience
- 1 year as a Certified WOCN
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole