Wound Ostomy Care Specialist -BU, Home Health Clinical Services, HH METROJob ID 83434 Date posted 10/03/2017
- Facility: Sharp Home Health
- City: San Diego
- Department: Home Health Clinical Services
- Category: Specialty Nurse Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 1.0
- Shift Start: 8 AM
- Shift End Time: 5 PM
This position is located in San Diego, CA
8 hour shift, Full-time, 8:00am - 5:00pm, working weekends as needed
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Graduate of an accredited Nursing program
- Graduate of a WOC Nurse Education program
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse (RN) license
- Certified Wound Ostomy Continence Nurse (CWOCN) Certification
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers issued by the AHA
- A minimum of 1 year recent home health experience
- Clinical expert in theory and/or research based nursing practice within a specialty area who functions in the following roles: clinical expert, educator, researcher, and consultant.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- 3-5 years Nursing experience
- 2 years Acute Care experience
- 1 year as a Certified WOCN
The Wound Ostomy Care Specialist is a Bachelors prepared nurse who applies clinical expertise in evidence-based nursing practice within a specialty area and functions in the following roles: clinical expert, educator, researcher, and consultant. Leadership skills (system thinker and change agent) are role assumptions.
The Wound Ostomy Care Specialist provides skilled assessments, treatments and teaching to patients in their homes. The Wound Ostomy Care Specialist coordinates care with team members and/or the Case Manager and communicates with Physician(s) and Clinical Supervisor(s) regarding patient care. The Wound Ostomy Care Specialist utilizes excellent problem solving skills as they apply to clinical judgment. The primary goals are the utilization of best practice concepts in delivering care, toward improving outcomes and the satisfaction of every patient every time. The Wound Ostomy Care Specialist will practice the core concepts of the Sharp Experience using the Pillars of Excellence, 12 Behavior Standards and the 5 Must Haves.
With a focus on maximizing recovery, independence and long-term wellness, Sharp Home Health provides diabetes care instruction, specialty nursing, rehabilitation and senior behavioral health services to individuals through San Diego County.
Essential Physical Requirements may include:
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/Extending (neck)
- Fine Manipulation / Pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Bed mobilization (scooting / rolling)
- Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
- Bed to chair/wheelchair/commode transfer
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Push/Pull over 100 pounds
- Carry up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords:Wound Ostomy Care Specialist, Registered Nurse, RN, Home Health, Home Care, CWOCN, San Diego, Nursing, Hospital, HealthCare, Sharp, Job, Jobs