Yoga InstructorJob ID 84830 Date posted 12/12/2017
- Facility: Sharp Mary Birch Hospital
- City: San Diego
- Department: Women's Education
- Category: Allied Health Jobs
- Job Status: Per Diem
- Shift: Variable
- FTE: 0.0
- Shift Start: Variable
- Shift End Time: Variable
This position is located in Serra Mesa, San Diego County
This is a per diem position, variable shifts:
- Prenatal Yoga classes: Tuesday and Thursday 5:30 pm – 6:30 pm
- Mom and Baby Yoga class: Tuesday 10:00 am – 11:00 am
Occasional weekends as needed
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Certified in Prenatal and Postnatal Yoga
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Knowledge of proper body mechanics and cueing
- Knowledge of safety precautions for special populations, [e.g. lower back, common musculoskeletai problems (knees, ankles)]
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Current American Council on Exercise (ACE) Certification
- One to two years pre/postnatal yoga teaching experience
The yoga instructor will instruct a class of members in order to enhance body awareness, self-image, flexibility and fitness ability.
As San Diego’s only hospital dedicated to exclusively to women, Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Women & Newborns offers a full range of health care services for women at all stages of life – from pregnancy to menopause to healthy aging. More babies enter the world at Sharp Mary Birch than any other hospital in California – about 9,500 each year. Sharp Mary Birch has been recognized as a Magnet® hospital for nursing and patient care excellence, is a certified Baby Friendly birth facility, and its Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit is recognized among the best in the world.
Physical requirements of position may be discussed at time of interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Perinatal, Yoga Instructor