New Grad Nurse Residency Program
Start your career off right.
Moving from the classroom to the patient room is where the real work begins, but the learning never ends. At Sharp, we’ve designed a program that provides a flexible, supportive environment to help you build the confidence you need to become the best nurse you can be.
From acute care to highly specialized areas like ER and mental health nursing, our New Graduate Nurse Residency Program offers a wide range of opportunities that will cultivate your skills, experience and lifelong success in nursing.
Hands-on learning, full-time support.
- Celebrations for key milestones
- Classroom and simulation curriculum lessons
- Clinical and interdisciplinary experiences
- Individualized orientations
- Ongoing professional development
- Peer group support
- Reflective learning, journaling and self-care
- Support from mentors
- Must be a graduate of a U.S. state-approved and accredited nursing program
- Must have a current unencumbered California registered nurse (RN) license by program start date (unless otherwise specified)
- BSN preferred; ADN required
- Must have a current CPR certification appropriate for a health care provider
- Must have graduated no more than 18 months prior to the start of the New Graduate Nurse Residency Program
- Must have less than 12 months of work experience as an RN by program start date
Applications for our Spring/Summer 2018 New Grad Nurse Residency Programs will be accepted on the following dates:
- Monday, January 15, 2018 at 12 pm PST through Monday, January 22, 2018 at 5 pm PST
Search for requisition #85212 Clinical Nurse – RN
You will be able to select from the following available programs. Approximate start date of each program is noted below:
Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center
- Emergency Department – July 2018
- Medical Surgical/Progressive Care Unit Rotations – August 12, 2018
Sharp Coronado Hospital
- Medical Surgical/Telemetry Unit – September 2018
Sharp Grossmont Hospital
- Cardiac Progressive Care Unit 5W – August 13, 2018
- Emergency Department – August 13, 2018
- GI/GU 3E – August 13, 2018
- Specializes in gastrointestinal and urinary patient population.
- Labor and Delivery – August 13, 2018
- Medical Intensive Care Unit – August 13, 2018
- Neuro Vascular Progressive Care Unit 5E – August 13, 2018
- Primary patient population is stroke and neurovascular diagnosis.
- Observation Unit – August 13, 2018
- Oncology Progressive Care Unit/Telemetry 2E – August 13, 2018
- Progressive Care Unit 2N/2S – Auust 13, 2018
- Pulmonary CHF Progressive Care Unit 4E – August 13, 2018
- Primary patient population is congestive heart failure, dialysis, and respiratory diagnosis.
- Surgery (OR) – August 13, 2018
- Surgical Intensive Care Unit – August 13, 2018
Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Women and Newborns
- Labor and Delivery – March 2018
Sharp Memorial Hospital
- Adult Services Medical Surgical – August 9, 2018
- Acute Care Medical 5N
- Primary patient population includes those requiring diabetic, renal, cardiac monitoring, respiratory support, ambulatory peritoneal dialysis and readmitted long-term kidney transplant patients.
- Oncology 1W
- Orthopedics 4N
- Acute Care Surgical 6N
- Primary patient population is post general surgical procedures including spinal, neurological, urologic, bariatric and mandibular
- Medical Surgical 3N
- Adult Services Progressive Care Unit – August 9, 2018
- Medical Progressive Care Unit 7W
- Surgical Cardio-Thoracic 6W
- Transplant Progressive Care Unit 5W
- Trauma/Neuro Progressive Care Unit 4W
- Short Stay Observation Unit
- Emergency Department – August 2018
Sharp Mesa Vista Hospital
- Behavioral Health/Psych Rotation – June 2018
Find out more.