Diversity at Sharp HealthCare
We're committed to being as diverse as the community we serve.
At Sharp, we believe that what makes each of us different is what makes us stronger. We're proud to have over 2,700 affiliated physicians and 18,000 employees serving the San Diego community. We believe our various backgrounds, personal experiences and unique talents help us better relate to and care for the community we are serving.
We celebrate diversity and embrace everyone regardless of age, gender, disability, race, ethnicity, creed, national origin, religion, sexual orientation or other characteristic. And we actively foster a diverse and inclusive environment through the care we offer and the people we employ.
Our commitment to providing inclusive, accessible health care to all in our community extends to our LGBTQ+ patients. It's one more way we put our patients at the center of all we do.
About the Sharp Equality Alliance.
Embracing diversity, celebrating equality — this is the vision behind the Sharp Equality Alliance. Our alliance is comprised of dedicated Sharp team members who volunteer their time to work within the community and across the organization to increase Sharp's visibility and involvement among diverse populations. Our goal is to continue to encourage open dialogue around acceptance and inclusivity by:
- Participating in community events, such as the San Diego Pride Parade and Pride Festival, the National Alliance on Mental Illness walk and the Martin Luther King Jr. Parade
- Supporting like-minded Sharp initiatives, such as the Sharp Women's Health Conference
- Contributing acceptance-related education to support ongoing employee trainings
- Hosting quarterly breakfasts that speak to issues facing the community
Named a Best Employer for Diversity.
We understand how important it is to have diversity within our organization, as well as within our community. And we're honored to have been recognized by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity.
The 2019 rankings were compiled with help from Statista, which surveyed 30,000 employees, asking questions about diversity, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age and disability.
DEI Programs & Initiatives at Sharp HealthCare.
What do employees from different demographic backgrounds think about diversity, equity and inclusion at Sharp HealthCare? Read what Sharp HealthCare is doing to promote DEI in the workplace and how the company supports individuals of varying gender, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion and other attributes.
- Sharp HealthCare now has its own Systemwide LGBTQ+ Care Policy
- Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Healthcare Equality Index (HEI) — Systemwide "Leader" Designation
- We are proud to share that all 7 Sharp hospitals were named LGBTQ+ Healthcare Equality Leaders by the @Human Rights Campaign. With this designation, we will continue to promote equitable and inclusive care for LGBTQ+ staff, patients and their families.
- Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Long Term Care — Coronado Hospital "Leader" Designation
- Recipient of Platinum Bell Seal Award
- Forbes Diversity, Best Place to Work
- Recipient Payne Jr. Award, Excellence in Health Equity
- We have partnered with the Chartis Group to create a comprehensive DEI & B training program for clinicians and non-clinical staff.
- Sharp HealthCare was recognized by the San Diego Business Journal as the region’s top large public company for diversity, equity and inclusion.
- We are kicking off the first training program with an education on Implicit Bias in Healthcare
- The SEA continues to grow and with a new team of steering leaders we will be meeting in January for a 2024 Strategy. We continue to be the only healthcare organization to march in the MLK Jr. Freedom Day Parade in San Diego. We will be marching again in the SD PRIDE Parade this year, and we will be developing a systemwide Diversity Fair at each of our entities to support and celebrate diversity. It's been very successful.
Want to know when new jobs are posted? Sign up for job alerts.
Set your parameters to automatically receive alerts when we post new jobs that fit your skills, interests and experience.