At Sharp, we’re proud to provide progressive, innovative pharmacy services. We believe in a team approach — which means our clinical, outpatient and inpatient pharmacists are clinically involved in patient care and maintain close communication with physicians, nursing staff and patients regarding care plans, treatment modalities and clinical outcomes.
Benefits to working in Sharp's pharmacies.
- Extensive and complex medical-surgical patient types
- Broad scope of pharmacy clinical services including anticoagulation, antibiotic surveillance, nutritional support, pain management, pharmacokinetics and renal dosing
- Recognized as one of the “100 Most Wired” hospitals in the nation by Hospitals & Health Networks Magazine
- Interdisciplinary care teams including rounding opportunities with decentralized distribution models (Pyxis profile)
- Teaching and mentoring opportunities
PGY1 pharmacy residency program.
Accredited by the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists, the PGY1 pharmacy practice residency at Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center provides residents with the opportunity to enhance their abilities with effective pharmaceutical care in a variety of settings. Four positions are available each year. Learn more about the acute-care residency.
Additional residency programs.
ourAt Sharp, we also offer PGY1 Pharmacy Residency: Emphasis in Transitions of Care (TOC). This program trains pharmacy graduates in general practice, as well as specialized practice dedicated to the needs of patients transitioning from hospital to outpatient care (and vice versa).
The program is based at Sharp Memorial Hospital and one position is available each year.
Our pharmacy internships.
To apply for an internship at a Sharp HealthCare or Sharp Rees-Stealy pharmacy, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Pharmacy Internship" in the subject line.
Learn more about licensing, certification and careers for pharmacists:
- American Society of Health-System Pharmacist
- California Board of Pharmacy
- California Society of Health-System Pharmacists
- Pharmacy Technician Certification Board
- U.S. Department of Labor
To learn more about potential pharmacy careers at Sharp HealthCare, please email us at email@example.com.
If you have any questions about the PGY1 Pharmacy Residency Program, please contact Grant Lum, PharmD, residency director, or one of the current PGY1 resident pharmacists: Jennifer Lee, Evan Mulvihill, Rozhan Sadr and Stephen Wei.