Pharmacy Residency Programs at Sharp
At Sharp, we’re proud to provide progressive, innovative pharmacy services. We believe in a team approach — which means our clinical, outpatient and inpatient pharmacists are clinically involved in patient care and maintain close communication with physicians, nursing staff and patients regarding care plans, treatment modalities and clinical outcomes.
Benefits to working in Sharp's pharmacies.
- Extensive and complex medical-surgical patient types
- Broad scope of pharmacy clinical services including anticoagulation, antibiotic surveillance, nutritional support, pain management, pharmacokinetics and renal dosing
- Recognized as one of the “100 Most Wired” hospitals in the nation by Hospitals & Health Networks magazine
- Interdisciplinary care teams including rounding opportunities with decentralized distribution models (Pyxis profile)
- Teaching and mentoring opportunities
Our pharmacy internships.
To apply for an internship at a Sharp HealthCare or Sharp Rees-Stealy pharmacy, please email your resume to email@example.com with "Pharmacy Internship" in the subject line.
Pharmacy practice residency.
Accredited by the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists, the pharmacy practice residency at Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center provides residents with the opportunity to enhance their abilities with effective pharmaceutical care in a variety of settings. Learn more.
Additional residency programs.
We’ve specifically designed these PGY2 programs to transition PGY1 graduates from generalist to specialized practice settings.
Learn more about licensing, certification and careers for pharmacists:
- American Society of Health-System Pharmacist
- California Board of Pharmacy
- California Society of Health-System Pharmacists
- Pharmacy Technician Certification Board
- U.S. Department of Labor
To learn more about potential pharmacy careers at Sharp HealthCare, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.