At Sharp, we’re proud to provide progressive, innovative pharmacy services. We believe in a team approach — which means our clinical, outpatient and inpatient pharmacists are clinically involved in patient care and maintain close communication with physicians, nursing staff and patients regarding care plans, treatment modalities and clinical outcomes.
Benefits to working in Sharp's pharmacies.
- Extensive and complex medical-surgical patient types
- Broad scope of pharmacy clinical services including anticoagulation, antibiotic surveillance, nutritional support, pain management, pharmacokinetics and renal dosing
- Recognized as one of the “100 Most Wired” hospitals in the nation by Hospitals & Health Networks Magazine
- Interdisciplinary care teams including rounding opportunities with decentralized distribution models (Pyxis profile)
- Teaching and mentoring opportunitiesf
Pharmacy residency programs offered at Sharp HealthCare
Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center- PGY1 Pharmacy Residency Program
Accredited by the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists, the PGY1 pharmacy practice residency at Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center provides residents with the opportunity to enhance their abilities with effective pharmaceutical care in a variety of settings. Four positions are available each year. Learn more
Sharp Grossmont Hospital -PGY1 Pharmacy Residency
Sharp Grossmont Hospital serves the east county area of San Diego. It is the largest not-for-profit, full-service acute care hospital in the region with 542 beds. The hospital has outstanding programs in heart care, orthopedics, rehabilitation, robotic surgery, mental health, stroke care and women’s health. In addition, the hospital’s Emergency and Critical Care Center is among the most technologically advanced in the nation. It is home to one of the busiest emergency departments in California, serving 105,000 patients annually, with 24/7 ED Pharmacist coverage. We are a Certified Stroke Center, on our way to becoming a Comprehensive Stroke Center. A recent expansion included the Burr Heart and Vascular Center for more advanced cardiovascular procedures. Sharp Grossmont Hospital is a nationally recognized MAGNET®-designated hospital for nursing practices. Learn more
Our pharmacy internships.
To apply for an internship at a Sharp HealthCare or Sharp Rees-Stealy pharmacy, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Pharmacy Internship" in the subject line.
Learn more about licensing, certification and careers for pharmacists:
- American Society of Health-System Pharmacist
- California Board of Pharmacy
- California Society of Health-System Pharmacists
- Pharmacy Technician Certification Board
- U.S. Department of Labor
To learn more about potential pharmacy careers at Sharp HealthCare, please view our openings at careers.sharp.com.