Interview process and virtual interviewing with your hiring department
All open positions are posted through our Sharp Careers Site. Our Talent Acquisition Specialists are actively recruiting. If you’re selected for an interview, the hiring department or a Talent Acquisition Specialist will contact you. The interviewers are conducted via WebEx, Zoom or Microsoft Teams. You will work with either your hiring department or Talent Acquisition Specialist to have a successful virtual interview.
Preparing for your interview
During times of high stress and uncertainty, don’t hesitate to overcommunicate to your Talent Acquisition Specialists. Either or hiring department or Talent Acquisition Specialist will email you all the details of your virtual interview and help you prepare for your interview.
- Your Talent Acquisition Specialist or hiring manager will assist and show you how to access the videoconferencing technology and whether they need to download any software.
- Expectations will be provided for your interview. For example, will the interviewer request a work sample or ask you to solve a problem on the spot?
- A timeline that details when your interview will start and end.
- A tech check will be completed with your recruiter the day before your interview.
- A backup phone number will be provided to you in the case there’s a glitch or technology issues.
The day of the interview
- Find a well-lit room and control for outside light. Both too much light coming through the windows or too little can make you difficult to see, and that can get in the way of connecting with your hiring department.
- As a best practice, we recommend joining the video interview by using a laptop/computer with a webcam.
After your interview
If you’ve reached the final stage, you’ll be asked to provide professional references, which are then processed by a service called OutMatch. The hiring manager will select the final candidate and extend a job offer. If you’ve received and accepted an offer, one of our Onboarding Specialists will be in touch to walk you through the next steps.
After you’ve accepted your job offer, you’ll need to go through a few more steps, including:
- Background check
- Post-Offer employment physical
- You are required to complete a urine drug screen as part of the post-offer employment physical.
- You are required to take a TB test. Please allow time for this in your schedule.
- Verify I-9 (eligibility to work in the United States); By law we are required to review your documents in person. We provide face coverings if needed and practice social distancing recommendations.
- Verify all licensures/certifications/degrees required for the position
- Once we’ve received all your clearances, your New Employee Virtual Orientation will be scheduled and the link will be emailed to you
- Complete all new hire paperwork the day of New Employee Virtual Orientation
Stay connected and join the career interest community
Want to stay informed about career opportunities and life at Sharp? Join our career interest community and receive information that matters to you.Join the community