Sleep Disorder Technician - Sharp Grossmont Hospital - Night Shift - Per
- Grossmont Hospital
- Per Diem
Shift Start Time:8 PM
Shift End Time:6:30 AM
Additional Shift Information:Per Diem - 10 hours - Night shift
Weekend Requirements:As Needed
Hourly Pay Range (Minimum - Midpoint - Maximum):$34.645 - $44.703 - $54.761
The stated pay scale reflects the range that Sharp reasonably expects to pay for this position. The actual pay rate and pay grade for this position will be dependent on a variety of factors, including an applicant’s years of experience, unique skills and abilities, education, alignment with similar internal candidates, marketplace factors, other requirements for the position, and employer business practices.
What You Will Do
The Sleep technologist is responsible for high technical standards of all recording in the Sleep Center, as well as the coordination of the Center and reduction of polysomnographic data, EEG examinations and collection of information pertinent to the interpretation of tests.
- AHA Basic Life Support for Healthcare Professional (AHA BLS Healthcare) - American Heart Association -REQUIRED
- California Respiratory Care Practitioners (RCP) - Respiratory Care Board of CA; OR Registered Polysomnographic Technologist (RPSGT) - Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologists AND California Registered Polysomnographic Technologist (CA-PSGT) - Medical Board of CA -REQUIRED
Other Qualification Requirements
- If RCP licensed, RRT-SDS required within 6 months of hire. The department is responsible for tracking and maintaining the required license/certifications.
- Budget development and adherence
Assists nurse manager in maintaining services and supplies within budgetary limitations, while meeting the needs of the unit.
Cost per unit of service report is greater than 100%. Staffing dollars are spent cost effectively.
Maintains the operational budget as compared to actual within plus or minus 5% or $500 which ever is greater and explains budget variances to nurse manager within 15 days.
Assists in preparing annual budget based on unit needs, within time frame identified by nurse manager.
- Customer service
Interpersonal Relations: Consistently communicates in a positive and timely manner with patients, visitors, staff members and physicians.
* Listens to ideas, opinions and feelings of others.
* Uses communication (interpersonal) strategies with individuals as well as groups of patients, family, significant other, and members of health care team that result in (a) achievement of intended outcomes, (b) other expressed.
* Ensures patient care activities which result in satisfaction among patient/fame, and/or significant other.
* Ensures positive activities/interactions with other departments and coworker.
Problem solving: Handles problems in a professional and proactive manner.
* Reports identified patient and department related problems using the supervisory communications structure.
* Utilizes the steps of problem solving to resolve identified problems.
Ability to maintain laboratory and working area in organized and clean manner.
Restock supplies and perform general inventory weekly and reports to nurse manager any issues.
Maintains staff ratio productivity at 100%.
- Skills Roster
- Technical competencies
Ability to administer quality hook-ups on 1-2 patients utilizing the 10-20 system of electrode application.
Ability to maintain neat, accurate tracings and identify and correct technical malfunctions throughout the test.
Accurately assesses patient status and sleeping manner throughout the test.
Reduces polysomnographic data within 48 hours.
Schedules studies without delay, coordinating with physicians and technicians.
- Training and education
Responsible for training of center staff; provides inservices.
Provides public education.
Complies with organization/department/unit mandatory education and certification standards.
The Sleep Technologist, as part of the responsibilities, should attend local and national meetings on Sleep disorders Medicine and EEG testing as they apply to new developments in diagnosis, treatment and equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Professional Competency
If incumbent is an RCP, RRT-SDS is required within 6 months of hire. The department is responsible for tracking and maintaining the required license/certifications.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Fluent knowledge of English.
- Effective interpersonal skills; ability to communicate effectively with professional, technical and physician office staffs.
- Must have complete knowledge of all aspects of sleep and its related disorders, as well as complete technical knowledge of sleep center equipment.
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability or any other protected classCalifornia Respiratory Care Practitioners (RCP) - Respiratory Care Board of CA; AHA Basic Life Support for Healthcare Professional (AHA BLS Healthcare) - American Heart Association; California Registered Polysomnographic Technologist (CA-RPSGT) - Medical Board of CA; Registered Polysomnographic Technologist (RPSGT) - Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologists
Want to know when new jobs are posted? Sign up for job alerts.
Set your parameters to automatically receive alerts when we post new jobs that fit your skills, interests and experience.
"After nearly 10 years of working here, it's still one of the hardest jobs I've ever loved. If you find a niche here, you'll be working with some of the smartest in the industry. This is where they'll respect you for thinking outside the box and kindness matters. They expect consistency and hard work, but pay you well to do it."
We are Sharp
Stay connected and join the career interest community
Want to stay informed about career opportunities and life at Sharp? Join our career interest community and receive information that matters to you.Join the community